One of the most popular treatments that we do on women is brazilian laser hair removal which means that we go after every single hair in the bikini vicinity. We do so many of these treatments because women want to get rid of or reduce the time that they spend getting rid of it at home and because they feel cleaner. However, before jumping to get this treatment you should be aware of all of your options and what they entail.
Laser Hair Reduction
As we mentioned earlier laser is the preferred technique amongst our clientelle. A few points to keep in mind are:
- If you have thick, black hairs then you’re a good laser candidate but if your hairs are sparse, thin or light in color then laser is not a good option for you (check out our post entitled Are You A Good Candidate For Laser Hair Removal for more information about this).
- Apart from the results, the best part of laser is that it’s fast. In the case of the Brazilian area you will need approximately fifteen minutes to get treated, make your next appointment and pay. You will need to get treated every four to six weeks so that the hair growth cycle can complete. Once done, you will need a yearly touchup to maintain it.
- The hairs initially grow in thinner and slower and then disappear in patches.
- The only issue with this technique is that it’s very painful so be sure to talk to your laser technician about how you can numb the area for a more comfortable treatment.
Electrolysis Hair Removal
Electrolysis is the only form of true permanent hair removal there is however it’s not the necessary the easiest route.
- Each hair has to be treated individually and multiple times before you see results so you should plan on spending a lot of time with your technician.
- The less you touch the hairs the better your results will be. What this means is that while you’re getting treated it would be better for you if you didn’t wax, shave or use depilatories so that you don’t strengthen the hairs.
- Unlike laser, your skin tone and hair colors don’t affect the treatments at all. Everyone is a candidate for electrolysis.
- Like laser, electrolysis can be very painful so numbing is a good idea.
- Before trying either laser or electrolysis most women either shave or wax.
- Waxing is a fairly quick process. It shouldn’t take more than fifteen minutes to do if you go to an experienced professional.
- You have to wait for the hairs to become long enough before you go to your next appointment. If the hairs are too short then the wax won’t take them out of the follicles.
- Waxing can cause you to see a lot of ingowns so be sure to have some Tend Skin on hand to get them out.
- Many women find this technique to be painful as well.
Believe it or not, we have had a client or two that liked to use an epilator as her Brazilian laser hair removal technique of choice. The pros and cons that pertain to waxing can be applied here as well.
We can’t leave shaving off of the list.
- Shaving is very fast, however since it’s very likely that your hairs are going to grow out fairly quickly you’re going to be doing it frequently.
- Some people do get ingrowns from shaving but many women don’t have any issues with it.
- You can shave as often as you like but remember that the more you do, the stronger the hairs become in the long run.
- Shaving is the only Brazilian hair removal method that is not painful.
Whichever technique you settle on, be sure to do it because it’s what you want because you’re going to spend a lot of time and money on it.
Image source flickr